I am going next week to WordCamp Miami and was asked at the WCMIA slack channel for tips for things to do and eat. So here are some of my favorite places.
I’ve lived in South Florida for many years and can’t wait to go back. Here’s my list of restaurants, bars and activities, I want to visit again before and after WCMIA:
- Best hamburger I ever had: http://www.theletub.com/
- Best ice cream I ever had: http://jaxsonsicecream.com/
- Best Italian food (My favorite dish there is the black linguine on lobster sauce): http://cafeprimapasta.com/
- Best night club with a view (50th floor) : http://www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/
- Best dive bar. I was going to recommend Tobacco Road but I think they are closed. So go to http://sub-culture.org/kill-your-idol/
- Best place to hang out at night: Downtown Fort Lauderdale and River Front (you can walk from one to the other)
- Best Cuban Food: http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com
- Best Peruvian Food: http://ceviche105.com/downtownmiami/
- Best brunch: http://www.perricones.com/
- Best restaurant with a view: http://www.therustypelican.com/home
- Best romantic date: http://vizcaya.org/
- Of course rent a bike and ride along South Beach and hanging out at Lincoln Road is a great activity. 🙂
By the way, I think the best tip, if this is the first time you are visiting South Florida, is to rent a car. Public transportation is not an option and everything I mentioned above are at least 30 minutes drive.
Do you have favorite restaurants in South Florida? What are they and why you like them?