Thanks for the interest in my resume. Since 1996, I have provided strategy, development and IT consulting services and implementation to some of the most successful companies in the World. My clients/employers included JPMorgan Chase Bank (Vastera), Vivendi Universal (entre-nos), FIFA (todotrivial.com), Florida International University (JMC), Able Commerce (Foresite), WheelsNext, TheaterMania, InterAmerican Development Bank (IDB) and many other companies that had redefined theirs online presence using my experience and services. I have supported my clients’ web, intranet strategy, databases and software management needs to achieve efficiency and profitability by using “goal-focused design” where I focus on user needs in the context of the client’s business goals, guiding the user toward actions most desired by the client. I have improved theirs lead generation, sales and acquisitions, unique visitors and time on site and reduced bounce rate, by focusing on every aspect of a successful website.
2010 – Present
In 2014, I decided to expand my business and moved to Las Vegas, where I became a proud United States citizen, and I am currently working on the following projects:
- http://www.rimsdealer.com/ – My own eCommerce site to sell custom wheels and performance tires. Hosted on AWS Linux and built from scratch on ColdFusion and MySQL. I am also responsible for all the online marketing initiatives. We are seen a 40% growth per year and will reach $1.5 million in sales by December 2016. Also featured a wheels visualizer built in Angular.
- https://online-people-lookup.com/ – Custom API development to lookup people’s information.
- https://wsopsop.com WSOP School of poker. ( Password protected. User: resume Password: Manny2016! )
- http://www.promostaffing.net/ – Custom build back end and front end to allow staff applications and events management.
- https://fortaleza.wordcamp.org/2016/ – As WordPress enthusiast I also do volunteer work.
In 2010 I decided to focus 100% on my own business, High Tech Web, INC. So, while in South Florida I have worked on dozens of medium size websites, including:
- http://www.stylehausdesign.com/ – Multilingual website.
- http://chrisbrooksmiami.com/ – Real estate website connected to MLS.
- https://www.ediceiofamerica.com/ – Ecommerce bookstore.
- https://lealpublisher.com – Ecommerce bookstore.
- https://www.trainnerfortaleza.com.br/ – Brazilian academy.
- http://brol.com – Travel agency specialized in south america trips.
- https://bigrims.us – Community site for car enthusiasts.
- https://autoinsuranceofficials.com/ – Landing page site using bootstrap.
- https://thingsyouneedtoknow.today/ – Celebrities, entertainment and sports news site.
- https://bloodmoney.com.br/ – Brazilian version site for the movie Blood Money.
2006 – 2010
In 2006 I’ve built an eCommerce solution from scratch for a custom wheels online retailer. I also did SEO, PPC campaign management, Social media marketing and developed an unique Rims Visualizer program using Flash. When I started work with Wheels Next they had $100k revenue per month, in few years they had that amount per day. A growth of 2900% in revenue.
In 2008, to improve my resume and network with high level professionals in my areas of interest, I relocated to New York city and worked for TheaterMania, redesigned the site, improved its SEO features and overall site speed performance. I also did consulting working for Thomson-Reuters. Then I relocated to Washington, DC to rebuild IADB, a government bank that handles $10 billion dollars per year in transactions, front-end site that uses an in house CMS (content management system).
2003 – 2005
In 2003, I was invited to work with Able Commerce, one of the first shopping cart software available online. There I customized dozens of online retailers sites with millions of dollars in revenue per year. Among our clients there was http://www.cartoys.com | http://www.islandsurf.com/ and http://www.diamondsinternational.com/
In 2005 I worked for Axis Interactive. I was the main IT person, responsible for multiple technology projects, The main product was an email marketing solution that delivered 7 million emails (CAN-SPAM) per hour using 20 mail injectors, 2 web servers and 2 database servers. At Axis I did R&D on many email systems like Ironport, PowerMTA, StrongMail, RoboMail and VoloMP.
1997 – 2002
In 1997 I developed an eCommerce solution from the ground up using Perl and text files as database, the client was a glasses distributor in Brazil. Then in 1999 I accepted an invitation to relocate permanently to the United States and work for a dotcom named Entre-Nos, a Spanish holistic health portal funded by Vivendi Universal and with Deepak Chopra support. I was the main ColdFusion programmer, system analyst and database developer. In 2002, I’ve built, using PHP, Oracle and Flash, a site for the FIFA World Cup held in that year. The portal had massive traffic peaks, it was the first time I used Global Load Balancing (today known as CDN) and managed millions of soccer fanatic entries in multiple trivia games that was promoted on many Latin America TV channels.
1991 – 1996
As an intern of the computer lab of Universidade Federal do Ceará, I had the opportunity, at the earlier stages of the internet, to learn my first web related skills. At the same time I graduated and acquired a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. During this time I also did two years extra-curriculum algorithm classes using Pascal. I also was the first student to use AutoCAD due to a car accident that restrained me from using my hand on the design classes. I ended up teaching CAD and LISP to my soon to be professor, so at the first day of his course he told me I didn’t need to attend and got an A+.
Relevant experience, skills and technology proficiency
- Programming languages: PHP, ColdFusion, Java, Perl, LISP, Pascal.
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu, Red Hat, Amazon Linux, Windows.
- Active meetup speaker on web security, eCommerce and online marketing.
- Expert in SEO, SEM, Social Media and email marketing.
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experienced user: Photoshop, Premiere and major photo/video editing programs.
- Strong system analysis and user interface skills.
- Knowledge in distributed applications, Vagrant, Docker and AWS products.
- Expert in eCommerce for online and brick-mortar retailers.
- Dog lover, traveler, peace activist and open source contributor.
Additional information, profiles and professional references
- WordPress profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/emanweb/
- Linkedin profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/emanweb/
- Twitter profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/emanweb/
- Github profile: https://github.com/emanweb/
- Meetup profile: http://www.meetup.com/members/2115555/
- Personal blog: https://blog.emanuelcosta.com/about-me/
- Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/emanweb
- Instagram profile: https://www.instagram.com/emanweb
- Pinterest profile: https://www.pinterest.com/emanweb
- Blab.im profile: https://blab.im/emanweb
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EmanuelCostaUSA/
– Alejandra Luzardo. InterAmerican Development Bank;
(Download PDF Letter IADB)
“I am honored to recommend Emanuel to your organization on the capacity of building database driven web sites”
– Marcelo Paiva. Thomson Reuters;
(Download PDF Letter Thomson Reuters )
“Emanuel has an outstanding Internet skill set ranging from web development, web design, project management, search engine marketing and database programming”
– Ido Meros. Check21.com;
(Download PDF Letter Check21)