The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the main source of
multilateral financing for economic, social, and institutional
development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans,
grants, guarantees, policy advice, and technical assistance to the
public and private sectors of its borrowing member countries.
The IDB's Digital and Print Media Unit of the Information Management
Division is currently seeking three consultants as Web Developers for
the Internet team.
2. Participating in all phases of Web applications development: analysis, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
3. Designing and creating databases for Web applications using MS SQL Server, implementing the data structure, views, triggers, and stored procedures required to support, at the database level, the underlying business logic.
4. Maintaining high coding standards and practices, and exercising quality control in all aspects of development.
5. Taking appropriate action to resolve Web site applications issues by communicating with peers and other project team members using a collaborative approach.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or similar background
Experience: Two years' experience as a Web Developer
Nationality: Citizen from member country
2. Solid knowledge of Web design and functionality, revision control, Web environments, and browser-specific issues.
3. Solid understanding of UI design.
4. Thorough knowledge of code documentation.
5. Knowledge of MS SQL Server as the main database tool, including Data Transformation Services (DTS), to be used in implementing download processes and population of database structures.
6. Experience with Java is a plus.
7. Superior attention to detail.
Language: Perfect command of English/Spanish or English/Portuguese or English/French.
1. Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage one's own time and deliverables.
2. Strong teamwork and effective communication skills.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to EXRINTERNET@iadb.org